right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Does anyone want to share their PLME or HPME stats if you got accepted?

RaraimunoRaraimuno 0 replies1 threads New Member
Since I was 10, I have wanted to be a doctor seeing how they could change lives. I am currently a freshman and really want to get into the Brown PLME or the Northwestern HPME. If you got in, could you please share your stats specifically your ECs.

Also, what are some medical / biology competitions I can do that I can get some awards in?

The following are something I have done/ planning on doing.

1. Working at a doctor's office (have worked for 2 years) getting mammograms and colonoscopies done
2. Working with other doctors I know to get an internships and working with them to get some research papers published. I hope to get 3 papers by senior year.
3. Hold an online seminar inviting people from all over the country to discuss STEM innovations and the research that I have conducted.
4. Tutor Afghan Refugees on high school and STEM concepts (I know a few)
5. Go to a 3rd world country and volunteer at a hospital (Africa or Pakistan)
6. Run a free clinic for people without insurance
7. Volunteer at a hospital and shadow doctors (Oncologist)
8. Create nonprofit organization for cancer and cardiovascular work
9. Run a bone marrow drive
10. 2 Patents Pending (medical field)

Planning on
1. Hold a play for cancer patients to express themselves
2. Try Science Fair and do some research/ find a possible cure
0 replies
· Reply · Share