right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

How do I reject an admissions offer after I have already accepted it

AL9876543210AL9876543210 0 replies1 threads New Member
Recently I accepted an admissions offer at Penn State University and paid the acceptance fee of 300 dollars. Now, I have received an acceptance letter from New York University and wish to attend the ladder. How do I get Penn State to know I'm no longer interested in attending, even though I already paid the acceptance fees for the admissions offer?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How do I reject an admissions offer after I have already accepted it

• lucy_van_peltlucy_van_pelt 366 replies31 threads Member
    edited June 5
    Email admissions at [email protected]

Put in your name, and your student id. That is the code you used to sign into their portal with. For example, I might be LVP4282 (for Lucy Van Pelt and the numbers attached).

Tell them you are withdrawing your acceptance of their admission and will be attending NYU.

Did you have a roommate? Tell them also-
    edited June 5
    · Reply · Share
  • mikemacmikemac 10582 replies154 threads Senior Member
    ^^^ This, although you don' t have to name the school you'll be attending instead if you don't want to. Simply writing that you'll be enrolling in another college is sufficient.
    · Reply · Share
  • privatebankerprivatebanker 6898 replies171 threads Senior Member
    Probably spell check but you’ll be attending the “latter” not ladder.
    · Reply · Share