right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UCR Question

irjenepirjenep 2 replies1 threads New Member
I just got admitted off the waitlist at UCR. I got a D in AP calc first semester and I got a C my second semester my senior year. Will I still be able to go to UCR? I just sent my transcript through parchment recently so UCR hasn’t received it yet.
edited June 28
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UCR Question

• mikemacmikemac 10580 replies154 threads Senior Member
    edited June 28
    I got a D in AP calc first semester

The UC rules require you to notify each campus if you get a grade less than a C. See https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/applying-as-a-transfer/after-you-apply/

Since you got the D 1st semester then you notified them months ago, so your admission was made even though they knew about the D. Bottom line, no worries.
    edited June 28
    · Reply · Share
  • irjenepirjenep 2 replies1 threads New Member
    I think at the time I submitted my application I had a C in the class. So on the application they saw a C instead of the D I got.
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30516 replies417 threads Forum Champion
    edited June 29
    At the time of application, you usually do not have any Senior grades and if you have a final semester grade, you should have submitted that information. The link provided by @mikemac states after you submit your UC application and you receive a D or F, it is your responsibility to notify the UC’s. By not notifying the UC’s, it complicates your situation. If you are up front about the D, then UCR would have probably would have waited until your final spring grade to determine if you would have been waitlisted, accepted or rejected. It is all in UCR’s hands now and UC’s do not like surprises on transcripts.
    edited June 29
    · Reply · Share
  • irjenepirjenep 2 replies1 threads New Member
    so I should fill out the application update form to let them know I got a D first semester before they review my transcript.
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30516 replies417 threads Forum Champion
    I would still fill out the form.
    · Reply · Share
  • evergreen108evergreen108 4 replies0 threads New Member
    You should be fine as long as you have fulfilled your A-G requirements. I was in a similar situation as you but they emailed me saying that I won't get rescinded for only one D/F in a non-required A-G class.

I hope this helps.
    · Reply · Share