right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Difference in how a part-time job looks

theconcernedkidtheconcernedkid 38 replies16 threads Junior Member
Would a retail store associate at Walmart look different on a resume than a fast food worker at McDonalds? If so, why? I'm currently deciding between different part-time job options.
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Difference in how a part-time job looks

• me29034me29034 2169 replies107 threads Senior Member
    They would both look the same. Take the job you would like the most.
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 24154 replies2424 threads Super Moderator
    Agree, take whichever job works better for you.
    · Reply · Share
  • theconcernedkidtheconcernedkid 38 replies16 threads Junior Member
    edited July 4
    thanks guys :)
    edited July 4
    · Reply · Share
  • melvin123melvin123 1880 replies34 threads Senior Member
    @theconcernedkid my kid had worked at McDonalds part time one summer and worked enough hours and weeks to qualify for their $2,500 payment towards tuition. Not sure how Walmart’s program compares. But it’s worthwhile looking into!
    · Reply · Share
  • theconcernedkidtheconcernedkid 38 replies16 threads Junior Member
    Awesome
    · Reply · Share
  • CheddarcheeseMNCheddarcheeseMN 3714 replies14 threads Senior Member
    Both are equally good for applications. If you know people who work at these places, I would consider how willing they are to work with your fall schedule. Will they over schedule you or are you likely to be able to get a good schedule that works with school.
    · Reply · Share