right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Anatomy: Yes or No?

nwang1738nwang1738 2 replies1 threads New Member
so, i have the option to take anatomy and physiology (not an AP, a dual credit class) next year. however, i don't really have any interest in the field of science and don't plan to pursue it in the future. should i still take the class for rigor or is it okay if i TA for a US History class with a teacher that i like? what do you guys recommend i do? i am a rising senior btw.
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Anatomy: Yes or No?

• tkoparenttkoparent 478 replies10 threads Member
    I don't think you will get much benefit from the anatomy and physiology class given you don't plan to pursue science in college. On the other hand, serving as a TA for a US history class with a teacher you like sounds like a great opportunity. Having that on your resume shows that your teacher had confidence in both your mastery of the material and your ability to do the job, and you might get a good recommendation letter out of it as well.
    · Reply · Share
  • theconcernedkidtheconcernedkid 38 replies16 threads Junior Member
    Go with what you like :)
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 83881 replies744 threads Senior Member
    edited July 8
    It would help others help you if you:

A. Describe the alternative courses you could take instead.
    B. Describe the rest of your past and proposed schedule.
    C. Indicate whether you have all of biology, chemistry, and physics in your past and proposed schedule.
    edited July 8
    · Reply · Share
  • nwang1738nwang1738 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Just for reference, I have taken all three years of required science at my school (physics, chemistry, biology). This time slot basically comes down to anatomy, being a TA, or taking a study hall.
    · Reply · Share
  • nwang1738nwang1738 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Done!
    · Reply · Share