right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

AP Scores 2020

cherry_creme174cherry_creme174 12 replies13 threads Junior Member
edited July 9 in College Admissions
Hi! The college I'm hoping to says that they only give out credit on the AP World exam if you get a 5, but I'm pretty sure I got a 4 since I was chanced for a 7/10 on the DBQ and it's extremely unlikely that a 7 will correspond to a 5 this year. Will it make my application look bad? (I already used my score send on this college and now I'm freaking out)
edited July 9
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: AP Scores 2020

• skieuropeskieurope 41089 replies7735 threads Super Moderator
    A 4 is a good score and will not damage an app. It is only here and reddit a2c where some uninformed people think a 4 is "bad."
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 2471 replies41 threads Senior Member
    4 is not bad and AP scores have minimal to no impact on admissions. They are for “Placement”.

For others - a reminder that there’s really no reason to send AP scores until you have been accepted to a School.
    · Reply · Share
  • MrsJayBirdMrsJayBird 38 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Speaking of AP Scores 2020, is it true that UC kids starting Fall 2020 can see their scores on their portals? I heard it's already been reported to colleges.
    · Reply · Share
    MrsJayBird wrote: »
    Speaking of AP Scores 2020, is it true that UC kids starting Fall 2020 can see their scores on their portals? I heard it's already been reported to colleges.

Yes it ks true as it has been every year.
    · Reply · Share
  • MrsJayBirdMrsJayBird 38 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Oh good. That means that the rest of us will get our scores on July 15th, since the colleges already received their scores
    · Reply · Share
    MrsJayBird wrote: »
    Oh good. That means that the rest of us will get our scores on July 15th, since the colleges already received their scores
    With the caveat that scores for late exams or emailed exams are not available for anyone

· Reply · Share
  • AnnelesAnneles 9 replies0 threads New Member
    We noticed tonight our daughter's AP scores showed up on her UC checklist, we weren't sure if her 2020 AP scores were her previously estimated scores she filled out in June or if they are her Official scores. They said they would report them on July 16th.
    · Reply · Share