right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

How many schools to apply early action?

Zzas123Zzas123 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hi, I am a rising senior in the midst of college applications. I am currently applying early action to MIT and Caltech. I am also applying to the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign and the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, both of which are early action as well. My question is, should I apply to all 4 schools early, or is that too much?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How many schools to apply early action?

• momofsenior1momofsenior1 10464 replies124 threads Senior Member
    My D applied early to every school that offered it. There is no down side if you can take your time with the applications and are happy with your GPA/scores.
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 2488 replies42 threads Senior Member
    Yes, if you have time over the summer to fully prepare a solid application, having them out of the way is a big relief once schools starts.

My D had 6 of 7 done and waiting until Christmas break to do the one due 1/1 that had only binding early applications.
    · Reply · Share