right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Connect with admissions counselors from 50+ schools, get advice for your admissions journey, and more! RSVP NOW for a virtual College Fair on Sept. 29!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

can i apply to RISD while in community college?

saipheriasaipheria 0 replies1 threads New Member
hey! so, i am currently an 18 year old taking a gap year before i start community college here in VA. originally, i wanted to attend vcuarts since that seemed achievable for me, but for the past couple of months i have been looking into risd. i didn’t really do the best in highschool, not because i was unable but i didn’t really push myself. i was looking forward to college as a fresh start, but now that i have this dilemma, i was wondering if anybody could answer me this. would i be able to apply to risd after one or two years in community college? if so, what would that entire process be like and how likely would it be for me to get in from community college? i wanna major within art education (high school art teacher). thank you! :))
edited August 13
0 replies
Post edited by Erin's Dad on
· Reply · Share