right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Oxford 2021 entry US applicant: AP exam question

romingtonzzromingtonzz 1 replies1 threads New Member
Hello.
I am a senior and I plan to apply to Oxford for 2021 entry. I attend high school in the US, so my AP exam scores will be used for my entry requirements. I already have 5s in about five subjects that could qualify me for the course I'm applying to, and the course requires A/A/A. Given this, should I put any scores for the APs I will be taking this year as "pending" on UCAS to be predicted, or should I simply include what I've already completed and leave it at that? Given that I already have met the 5/5/5 requirement and only one of the AP exams I'm taking this year will relate to my course, should I risk reporting scores? I'm a bit concerned as to how COVID-19 may impact next year's AP tests, and I'm not sure if I'd want to risk it. Will it look bad if I put no upcoming tests?
One other quick question: I'd just like to confirm, I am required to put *all* my past AP/SAT scores into UCAS, correct?
Thank you, and I apologize if these questions are a bit simple. I have found it quite difficult to find information for US applicants online.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Oxford 2021 entry US applicant: AP exam question

• skieuropeskieurope 41954 replies8187 threads Super Moderator
    edited September 26
    Yes you are required to list all your past scores.

I see no downside to listing your pending tests. Assuming that 3 of your past exams are in relevant subjects, I would not expect an offer to be conditional on 2021 exams
    edited September 26
    Post edited by skieurope on
    · Reply · Share
  • romingtonzzromingtonzz 1 replies1 threads New Member
    Got it, thank you! That's all I needed to hear.
    · Reply · Share
  • HazeGreyHazeGrey 282 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Agree with @skieurope My son had all of his necessary APs by the end of his junior year. Only took AP Micro/Macro his senior year which were meaningless for someone reading Maths/CompSci. He went unconditional within a few weeks of receiving his offer after he sent his past test score reports. Oxford never asked about the senior year Econ APs.
    · Reply · Share