I've been looking into colleges for a while now and recently I found out about early decision and how it can increase your odds of getting into a college. After first hearing about early decision I thought that I should definitely apply to Case Western early decision. In my mind this is the best school (close to me) that I actually have a shot at attending. However, after pondering this for a while I have a bit of a dilemma. I have always wanted to attend MIT and my dad encouraged me to apply just to see if I get in. The problem is, if I were accepted into MIT and Case I'd be forced to go to Case over MIT and, well, that wouldn't be an optimal situation. On the other hand, if I don't apply early decision and don't get into Case or MIT I'd be even more upset. I was also thinking of applying to Harvard since it's on the common app as well. Neither of my parents went to college, and I don't have siblings to ask, so any advice would be appreciated. Do I have a chance at MIT or Harvard? Should I even apply to MIT/Harvard? Right now I'm leaning towards early decision on Case still since the 96% rejection rate at Harvard and 94% rejection rate at MIT makes it seem near impossible to get in.
For reference I've taken/am taking the following AP classes: Chemistry, Physics 1, Physics 2, APUSH, US Gov, Computer Science A, Calc AB, Comp Gov, Psychology, Statistics.
GPA (4.0 scale weighted, unweighted) : 4.268, 3.972
I only was able to take the ACT once and didn't do too well so I was thinking of omitting that from my applications... my GPA is much better than my ACT score.
In terms of ECs I am in Science Olympiad and the NHS. I also tutor online and run a small educational YouTube channel which I periodically upload videos of projects of mine to. Corona ruined my other ECs that I had planned. I had applied to an internship to shadow a radiologist but that got cancelled.
If it matters, I'm white and from NE Ohio. I go to a public school. I intend to pursue a degree in physics or chemistry and maybe go to medical school (not sure yet).
Thanks for any advice.