I know I have posted a few other little components to this, but I just wanted to ask one final time before I start submitting. Can I get some feedback on whether or not this is a good list (not in terms of whether or not I like it, but if it is a good mix of reach, target, and safety schools). I've done research on all of these schools, so I know I like all of them. And cost won't be a factor as I have talked about it with my parents. I will provide all of my stats and almost everything you'll need to know:
- Notre Dame
- UVA (out of state)
- UMichigan (out of state)
- Ohio State (out of state)
- Texas A&M (out of state)
- University of Dayton
- James Madison (out of state)
White, male, from Connecticut, income in the top 1% in the nation (so no need-based aid)
GPA: 4.07 weighted (no unweighted GPA calculated), no rank, but I'm fairly confident I am in the top 10%
SAT: 1310 --> I did significantly worse than I wanted to. I was only going to submit it to Texas A&M and under on my list (maybe Baylor)
- Track & Field Captain
- Manager of the Cross Country team
- Head Commissioner of our high school rec basketball league (organize everything for the league)
- Student Body co-secretary
- Lead mentor in a mentoring group that has won national awards
- Big part of our school's theater production
- Voices (a select a cappella group that is one of the best in our state)
- Lead Peer Minister (teach multiple religion classes, lead retreats, etc)
- Altar Server (been one since 2nd grade)
- AP Scholar
- National Honor Society
- Spanish Honors Society
- Student Athlete Award (one of only 10 kids in my grade)
- Student Excellence Award (school award; I was one of the recipients every year of high school)
Letters of Recommendations:
I waived my rights, but I would assume they are pretty good. Especially my counselor recommendation. That one is going to be amazing.
I would say my general common app essay is very good (I had it reviewed by some people who review college essays. I think my supplemental essays are pretty good, but it's hard to tell.
I can't think of anything else to include, but let me know if I left anything out. Also, I am applying to every one of them EA (except A&M because they don't have EA).
So I guess my final question is, is this a good list in terms of difficulty to get into? Are there some reaches, targets, and safeties? Is it a good list in general for an applicant like me?