right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

female engineering

caroline1125caroline1125 0 replies9 threads New Member
edited September 2006 in College Admissions
I'm a female student with a strong background in maths and sciences. I got a 5 on the BC Calc exam and have a 780 math SAT. I'm applying early to Washington University and I was wondering if applying to the engineering school over the normal college of arts and sciences would improve my chances of admission. Any thoughts?
edited September 2006
2 replies
Post edited by caroline1125 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: female engineering

• aviatrix10aviatrix10 330 replies7 threads Member
    I would say so. But then again, it depends. A lot of colleges say that they don't look at your major, but I personally think that the only reason why I got into some colleges (or a large part of a bigger reason) was that I was female and applying to engineering schools. But I would say just put what you're really interested in. Don't say that you want to do engineering just get in.
    · Reply · Share
  • IsleBoyIsleBoy 2668 replies13 threads Senior Member
    I would have to agree with aviatrix10. Apply to engineering, since there are fewer women applicants.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity