Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

female engineering

caroline1125caroline1125 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
edited September 2006 in College Admissions
I'm a female student with a strong background in maths and sciences. I got a 5 on the BC Calc exam and have a 780 math SAT. I'm applying early to Washington University and I was wondering if applying to the engineering school over the normal college of arts and sciences would improve my chances of admission. Any thoughts?
Post edited by caroline1125 on

Replies to: female engineering

• aviatrix10aviatrix10 Registered User Posts: 337 Member
    I would say so. But then again, it depends. A lot of colleges say that they don't look at your major, but I personally think that the only reason why I got into some colleges (or a large part of a bigger reason) was that I was female and applying to engineering schools. But I would say just put what you're really interested in. Don't say that you want to do engineering just get in.
  • IsleBoyIsleBoy Registered User Posts: 2,681 Senior Member
    I would have to agree with aviatrix10. Apply to engineering, since there are fewer women applicants.
This discussion has been closed.