right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Essay too short?

outandbadoutandbad 6 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 10 New Member
edited September 2006 in College Admissions
Hi, in the beginning of school my English teacher told all of us that we would write an essay for each of the Common App questions. I wrote mine on a person of influence and I think its fine. But, when I pasted it into the application and previewed it, it only filled out about half of the page. Now, its not like a wrote a kiddie essay, its just that its single space. The directions said that the max was 6000 characters, word count says mines is about 1600. Will this short essay look bad? I've pretty much written all that I have to say and I dont know if I can lengthen it.
edited September 2006
3 replies
Post edited by outandbad on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Essay too short?

• congress23congress23 44 replies24 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    The real test is whether or not you've said all that you want to say. How many times have teachers told you that quality is better than quantity? Same rule applies. If you've answered the prompt, told the school all that you'd like to, and done it in a creative/unique fashion, great. Who cares if it's that short?
    · Reply · Share
  • 1938219382 1741 replies54 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,795 Senior Member
    How many words?
    · Reply · Share
  • outandbadoutandbad 6 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 10 New Member
    My essay is 296 words at the moment
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity