Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

is this a bad tipic for college essay?

2»

Replies to: is this a bad tipic for college essay?

• RobotabRobotab Registered User Posts: 486 Member
    Ok- being quiet isn't a bad thing. Being shy is a lack of confidence, which, in many cases, is considered bad. If yu can show something about yourself in a positive light, then go for it!

I am a quiet person, not a shy person. I prefer to think to myself, as there are never any people that are interesting enough to talk to. Hopefully college will be a chance to change that :)

Shyness isn't a personality problem, and don't make it seem as such. Make it seem perfectly rational that you would have behaved like that at the time, yet now you realize that that was ridiculous or something. Just not in those words... :)
  • scansmomscansmom Registered User Posts: 1,553 Senior Member
    Shyness can sometimes prevent people from reaching their potential...and isn't that was college is all about? Reaching your potential, being the best you can be... Just as adcoms like to see ECs that demonstrate an applicant's strong interests and passions might they not also like seeing an applicant who has not only struggled to overcome a weakness but also has grown as a person in the process?

bond35: NOT to be quoted verbatim....
This discussion has been closed.