Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

HELP com app name, OK to abbrev mid name?

wecandothiswecandothis Registered User Posts: 952 Member
edited October 2006 in College Admissions
Pls settle an argument!
on my d's com app she wants to write out her full middle name, but on her transcripts and test scores the middle name is abbreviated.

but on her license the full middle name is spelled out

instructions say to use same form as "official" documents (whatever that means)

I seem to recall someone saying this caused a glitch when the names didn't match up with test score name

Thx
Post edited by wecandothis on

Replies to: HELP com app name, OK to abbrev mid name?

• wecandothiswecandothis Registered User Posts: 952 Member
    does anyone know/hoping to get this sent out and go to bed!
    common app people where are you
    guess we'll just match the transcript and test score format, with abbreviated middle initial
    I had suggested that, but d didn't agree

do you get a confirmation when you submit com app online? how long should it take?

thx
  • PyarPyar Registered User Posts: 1,653 Senior Member
    I think as long as the first and last name are right as well as the SS# you are fine, but if you are really unsure call commonapp or the admissions office to clarify :)
  • PyarPyar Registered User Posts: 1,653 Senior Member
    and i think you get an email confirmation and one in the mail too, im not sure about how long though sorry =P
    Thanks, P. It's EA for U Miami...it said you will get an email confirmation which may take up to 5 business days

still think the instructions are confusing about your name
  • jerzgrlmomjerzgrlmom Registered User Posts: 1,245 Senior Member
    My son already applied to UMiami using the common app and he got a confirmation from CommApp immediately. Go onto Comm App and check your status (think it's called checklist). It will state the date that the comm app was submitted and the date the UMiami supplement was submitted. It also will list the date those two parts are downloaded to UMiami. In my son's case, they were downloaded the day after they were submitted... We're still waiting for the UMiami email so we can pay online.
This discussion has been closed.