Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Procrastinators?!

2»

Replies to: Procrastinators?!

• solseksolsek Registered User Posts: 526 Member
    Well, for me its just 1 app out of 8 due on Jan. 1st. One more due Jan. 10th, then the rest due Jan 15th or Feb 1st.
  • cameliasinensiscameliasinensis Registered User Posts: 2,294 Senior Member
    I mailed six out of 10 today (Amherst, Dartmouth, Middlebury, Princeton, Swarthmore, and Williams). I raced in through the doors literally 10 seconds before the post office closed. I still have the two short essays to finish for Chicago (January 3), and three "Why [school]?" essays (Bryn Mawr, Macalester, Wellesley) and another supplemental one for Macalester (January 15). At least I still have one more week of break to get that done.
  • mellowmellow Registered User Posts: 412 Member
    woo!!! i finished 5 today - sent 4 in online and 1 ready for the mail. 2 to go. but man does this feel good. =D happy new year, all.
  • JoyceleneJoycelene Registered User Posts: 266 Junior Member
    Elisabeth! I've run into you yet again!! Hahaha xD Nice job, haha.

I finished my Northwestern app about oh... 2 minutes before New Year's. I'm super proud for getting it before the deadline; granted, two minutes isn't much to boast about but considering I started actually doing the supplement three days ago or so, that's quite a feat. Hahaha, yay. Then I have to do one for Reed and Bryn Mawr ones and I'll be done. Unless I go insane and decide to apply to more rolling admission schools.

A paranoid psycho's work is never done.
  • lavendercloudlavendercloud Registered User Posts: 484 Member
    Ugh! I read that U Chicago wanted apps in by midnight wherever you were, so I didn't worry about it too much for my other apps, but I guess the Common App goes by east coast time...SO my Yale app that I *thought* was in on time turned out to be 15 minutes after midnight. But I really got it in at 11:15, according to this time zone. I don't think it's a big deal (right?...back me up please?), but still...I was pretty annoyed.
  • OHgiraffeOHgiraffe Registered User Posts: 280 Junior Member
    I thought the deadline was at 12:59PM on JAN 1st? Please, tell me this is correct.
    I think it is at 11:59 PM ON Janurary 1st. - Any corrections?
  • lavendercloudlavendercloud Registered User Posts: 484 Member
    Yale was December 31...I don't know what time zone they go by. I like U Chicago's idea of whatever time zone you're in.
  • keisukeykeisukey Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    i have to submit 8 in the next 15 hrs.
    15 yrs? What are the deadlines and where do you live (Time Zone)?
  • fastMEdfastMEd - Posts: 1,073 Member
    woot woot still have 2 essays to start! i am leet sauce coordinator.

ahahaha
    I meant 15 hours?
  • ellockonyuellockonyu Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
    Just a note I applied ED and was accepted at NYU. So RELAX there is still plenty of time to file and then stress until April.
    Kidding aside, Happy New Year and Best Of Luck!!
  • mastert tangmastert tang Registered User Posts: 140 Junior Member
    I submitted Lehigh's (Due Jan.1) at 10.30 last night. My letters of recommendation don't have the same deadline, do they?
2»
This discussion has been closed.