Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

uci and ucd appeal...

wendy Hwendy H Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited April 2007 in College Admissions
OMG!!! I was planning to attend ucsc with my best fd, but she got accepted yesterday. I decide to applea, even thought I know the chances of gettin granted is very very slim. I still want to hear some positive news.....Orz
Post edited by wendy H on

Replies to: uci and ucd appeal...

• evilsporkevilspork Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    You shoudn't base where you're going to go to college on where your friend is going because, honestly, how often will you see her unless you get the same dorm as her?

College is about meeting new people and gaining new experiences and academics. Clinging onto one person isn't going to work, and from the fact that she immediately (I'm deducing this from the wording of your post) decided to go to either UCI or UCD when she heard she got in, it's obvious she's into the whole college experience and opportunity, rather than making sure she's with you during college.
  • wendy Hwendy H Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    thx for ur reply!!ur reply sounds so reasonable; however, I still want to give appeal a shot. Not for anyone but myself, uci is a better uc compare to ucsc afterall.....
  • evilsporkevilspork Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    "thx for ur reply!!ur reply sounds so reasonable; however, I still want to give appeal a shot. Not for anyone but myself, uci is a better uc compare to ucsc afterall....."

Untrue assumption.

UCSC just has a worse rep because of the "druggie" "hippie" atmosphere . But the education is just as good. UCI will only be better for you if you're going to major in the lab/research sciences or perhaps humanities and art. UCSC is great if you're into environmental sciences or philosophy or psychology.

Plus, I assume you are talking about enrolling in UNDERGRADUATE education.

UC's reputations are basically based on their GRADUATE programs.
This discussion has been closed.