Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Who here turned down their top choice(s)?

sharpielovesharpielove Registered User Posts: 174 Junior Member
edited March 2007 in College Admissions
If any of you managed to get into your top choice and turned it down for some reason (financial, location, extenuating circumstances, etc.)... are you happy with your decision?

My fourth(ish) choice school offered me generous scholarship money, and I am not quite willing to pay the $45k/yr tuition for the ones that I got into but probably liked a bit more. My question is, do you regret turning down your top/second choice school, do you constantly wonder what things might have been like, do you think it affects your attitude at all?

I would love some feedback. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to discuss it on the board.
Post edited by sharpielove on

Replies to: Who here turned down their top choice(s)?

• takeme2calitakeme2cali Registered User Posts: 1,224 Senior Member
    yeah I'm in a similar position... much thanks to any advice!
  • glucose101glucose101 Registered User Posts: 5,264 Senior Member
    I think about it, but I when I applied to the places I applied, I only applied to places I could see myself at.
  • Tonyt88Tonyt88 Registered User Posts: 2,177 Senior Member
    There's one girl in my graduating class last year who got into Columbia, but she turned it down for Stevens claiming financial aid. However, she wrote a recent note on facebook citing her happiness, so it was definitely a good choice on her part.
  • FaelivrenFaelivren Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
    I may have to turn down Wellesley b/c of lack of financial aid :(

::sigh::

I have good options though but I <3 (ed) Wellesley!!!!

we'll see.
This discussion has been closed.