Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Berkeley or UCSB!!

NeedsHelpNeedsHelp Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited April 2007 in College Admissions
Its the last day and i am trying to decide between two great schools! I feel more drawn to Santa Barbara, but I'm not sure if a big change like Berkeley will be good. I am not sure what I want to study, but just want a great college experience. I want to work hard, enjoy my four years, and grow as a person. Have any input??
Post edited by NeedsHelp on

Replies to: Berkeley or UCSB!!

• suzesuze - Posts: 4,479 Senior Member
    Cal is sooooo much better ans soooo much more respected.
  • NeedsHelpNeedsHelp Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    What have you enjoyed about it?
  • iwanttogotoauciwanttogotoauc Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    if you want girls now, go to UCSB. if you want to be rich, and buy the young later then girls go to Cal.
  • Meza007Meza007 Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    yes, UCSB will be more party environment, way more. Cal willl have more studying parties
  • BayBay Registered User Posts: 12,499 Senior Member
    The differences between these two schools used to be clear-cut thirty years ago, but now I'm not so sure they hold or are so clear.

In the past, Cal clearly had the superior academic rep, as well as great football and interesting activist campus life, while UCSB was "laid-back," fun and middle-of-the road academically.

Now, Cal seems purely "numbers-driven" as far as student body make-up, somewhat lacking in campus personality, and the neighborhood is looking quite seedy.

UCSB on the other hand, is on the upswing in campus beautification and amenities, as well as in academic reputation and has maintained its "beachy-fun" factor.

Just my personal impressions. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.