Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is it true Riverside/Cruz accepts 90% of the admissions?

13»

Replies to: Is it true Riverside/Cruz accepts 90% of the admissions?

• PolarManPolarMan Registered User Posts: 204 Junior Member
    Last time I checked, California banned any form of affirmative action policies..... otherwise UCI wouldn't be filled with Asians.

Either way, UC's can't take race into equation.
  • zagatzagat - Posts: 2,360 Senior Member
    Happiness, do not base your self esteem on admission to a UC. What everyone here is trying to tell you is ypu could get lucky, but fon't count on admission this time around. This year will be harder than ever.

If you really want a UC, do 2 years at a CC. The UC degree you'll get at the end of 4 (or 5 or 6 given the crowds now) years will be the same. So if you're willing to work hard, you will go to a UC. Stop worrying.
  • awakenedreamawakenedream Registered User Posts: 1,269 Senior Member
    for those of you applying to UC Riverside, looks like we'll know soon

(i already know i'm getting in, i got guaranteed acceptance)

look at https://student08.ucr.edu/myucr/Index.aspx
    <i> MyUCR is temporarily unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. Please check back for your admission decision at 12:01 a.m on March 1,2005. </i>
  • HappinessHappiness Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    Do you think they're gonna post everyone's decision or just half? I don't think i'm staying up for it since i have this feeling that i'll get rejected because of my D's......oh well.
  • wondrlstwondrlst Registered User Posts: 339 Member
    anyone know when SC's decision comes out?
13»
This discussion has been closed.