Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP exam awards

ReDbUll298ReDbUll298 Registered User Posts: 290 Junior Member
edited February 2005 in College Admissions
i received notification about getting the AP Scholar with Distinction after I had already sent out all of my applications. I assumed that by looking at my scores colleges could make a decent assessment, but apparently it's better to inform them of the exact award. What would be the best way of letting them know that I received this award?
Post edited by ReDbUll298 on

Replies to: AP exam awards

• taurustorustaurustorus Registered User Posts: 389 Member
    mmm... seriously, it's not that important (got one too and didn't report it). if you really insist, tho, some colleges let you notify them online, or you can fax it. snail-mailing it would be overkill, i think. where did you apply? if it's to top colleges then i seriously don't think it makes a difference... they might even be annoyed with you're just sending one update (unless there's other awards and honors you're including)
  • ReDbUll298ReDbUll298 Registered User Posts: 290 Junior Member
    yeah, top colleges. they tell you to send updates though. i don't know.
  • texas137texas137 Registered User Posts: 2,143 Senior Member
    well, what else do you have? This isn't a very important award, but if you sent in your apps with no awards at all, or something really insignificant, it could be better than that.
This discussion has been closed.