Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is SAT II the Key?

kinglinkinglin Registered User Posts: 2,296 Senior Member
edited February 2005 in College Admissions
If you struggle in a class and get a D in that class, but do well on the SAT II for that subject, could that show the college that you really understand it? The reason why I ask is cause I've never performed well in math, but for some reason do reallly good on the standerized test.
Post edited by kinglin on

Replies to: Is SAT II the Key?

• zagatzagat - Posts: 2,360 Senior Member
    No. If you do well on tests but not in class it suggests you are lazy or have a problem with study skills.
  • kinglinkinglin Registered User Posts: 2,296 Senior Member
    Well the problem in math class isn't really the homework, but instead the test, and I've had several conflicts with the teacher, that, generally the reason for the bad grade. Do you think that could help, if I was to explain to them, that the teacher and I didn't necessarly get along? And that is the reason I don't have the letter grade, but high test scores.
  • rExRuN467rExRuN467 Registered User Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    dood..wat grade are you in..if u were in freshman..a D isnt a killer...but later years, a D can ruin chances. But if u can explain to colleges, they will probably understand ur situation/
  • zagatzagat - Posts: 2,360 Senior Member
    I don't think that I would tell colleges I had a problem getting along with a teacher. They would likely assume the problem is yours. If it's just one class and one teacher, the rest of your record will speak for itself.
This discussion has been closed.