Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is ACT as Easy as the Practice Test Suggests?

Jack2010Jack2010 Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
edited August 2007 in College Admissions
I just logged onto the ACT website and took the practice test for no real reason. I found the couple dozen questions they asked incredibly easy. I haven't even started my sophmore year and I didn't have difficulty with any of them… Does that make sense? Is the real test much more difficult?

Am I just brilliant and don't know it? ; )

I'm confused.
Post edited by Jack2010 on

Replies to: Is ACT as Easy as the Practice Test Suggests?

• mj93mj93 - Posts: 3,601 Senior Member
    Well, if it's the official ACT website, I don't see how the questions could be inaccurate .. maybe you're brilliant! :D
  • kat41911kat41911 Registered User Posts: 502 Member
    I had the same thought when I looked at the practice questions...I had never considered taking it until the questions seemed incredibly easy. I prefer to think that we are geniuses. :-P
  • LuckMC11LuckMC11 Registered User Posts: 807 Member
    no the site ones are realllly easy trust me
  • kat41911kat41911 Registered User Posts: 502 Member
    Haha...that's good to know. I was wondering why more people didn't get 36's...
  • enderkinenderkin Registered User Posts: 1,667 Senior Member
    The site questions are pretty easy. The only thing that I found different was the timing and length. The practice questions on the website are only like 20 per section with no time limit. The real test has 3 times that amount within the time limit of a single hour. Combine that with real exam pressure and it gets a little bit more frantic (for me the science section was pure hell). But practice makes perfect; I only did a couple practices before I took the test =X. (34 comp)

It all depends on the test taker, I guess.

Or genius.
  • Jack2010Jack2010 Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    Looking into it more, I can see how time is a big factor. For the English portion, you get 45 minutes to answer 75 questions. That isn't much time... No matter how easy the questions are.
  • LuckMC11LuckMC11 Registered User Posts: 807 Member
    english i had the most time out of any section

even tho that wasnt the section i got the highest score in :-P
This discussion has been closed.