Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Math Honors C or Reg Math A/B?

krnangelkittykrnangelkitty Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
i have a predicament. i'm currently a junior dat attends a competive academic school. l'm taking precalc H and i'm getting C in class, and i don't think i'm doing that well on terms of undertanding the material and keeping up with the class. This class prepares us for Calculus BC/AP class.

i'm thinking of dropping into PreCalculus Reg. There are two techers that teach PreCalculus Reg, and one of them is a very strict teacher. i have heard from several people that he treats the class like an Honors class and is only like a Reg. class on terms of the speed. This teacher also prepares his students to take Calculus BC/AP. This teacher is also the only teacher that teaches Calculus BC/AP, although i'm not sure(but he probably will be) if he will be the Caculus BC/AP teacher next year too. I have heard from my friends that there is a risk of not being able raise my grade to an A in his class.

The other Reg. class teacher is easy going and much looser, but does not prepare you for calculus BC/AP.

Backround Info.
Math has been somthing i'm better than majority of people but still w/ a lot of ppl better than me.
i want to go UC Berkley, UCLA, UCSD, ect..
i want to major in either chemistry, econ, bussiness, marketing, ect..
I am tresurer of a club & in several other clubs.
i am in colorguard( it's like a dance team but w/ flag, rifles and we march w/ the marching band)
i want to take Calculus BC/AP next year
Questions:
1) Is it better to have a A/B in Reg. math and hab more time for other activites/subjects or even an college class or an A/B in Honors bcuz of the road i want to take later?
2) If i do drop, should i try for the harder Reg. Teacher (if i'm lucky, i might hab him for two years) or the easier one?
3) If i keep the class, any tips on how to better in Precaculus H?

thank youuuu
This discussion has been closed.