Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Quarter Grades

cchscalicchscali Registered User Posts: 481 Member
edited September 2007 in College Admissions
Do colleges see quarter grades?

or just semester?
Post edited by cchscali on

Replies to: Quarter Grades

• MichaelNKatMichaelNKat Registered User Posts: 4,300 Senior Member
    Some schools want the first quarter grades when they come out. Some want the first semester but even those who want the first semester probably get a h.s. transcript that shows the first 2 quarters with the cumulative grade for the semester. Call each school and ask them want they want if the website is not explicit.
  • amb3ramb3r Registered User Posts: 1,504 Senior Member
    What kind of schools want to see 1st and 2nd quarter grades for 1st semester of senior year?
  • MichaelNKatMichaelNKat Registered User Posts: 4,300 Senior Member
    Emerson and Ithaca are 2 that I am aware of from my daughter's application process last year. There are probably others.
  • Johnson181Johnson181 Registered User Posts: 4,226 Senior Member
    To the OP- it depends on your hs.

One of my hs's claimed they send out all 4 quarters on the transcript. However, I saw a copy of it last week and all that's on it is the final grade (fortunately...).

I don't think a school can require first quarter grades (except in ED cases), since a lot of schools give only semester grades; but they certainly can require first semester.
  • RiotRiot Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    I hope they look at just semester grades. The first quarter of this year is 3 C's, 2 B's, and 1 A; the last several quarters have been straight B's. My collective GPA is around 3.97, though.

Is that something schools would really frown upon?
  • aisgzdavinciaisgzdavinci Registered User Posts: 1,997 Senior Member
    I hope they look at just semester grades. The first quarter of this year is 3 C's, 2 B's, and 1 A; the last several quarters have been straight B's. My collective GPA is around 3.97, though.

You're lucky as hell, dude.
This discussion has been closed.