Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Acceptance Letters?

kindaslick89kindaslick89 Registered User Posts: 498 Member
edited November 2007 in College Admissions
Do most schools send the large packet with all the info inside when you get accepted and take all the suspense outa the whole thing? I fear that I will get the small envelope with the WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU...

Replies to: Acceptance Letters?

• catsushicatsushi Registered User Posts: 1,970 Senior Member
    Well from my understanding, the fat envelope generally means that you got in. The thin envelope can go both ways, being that some colleges send a small letter letting you know that you got in and then a huge envelope later with all the info. I know that some colleges make the acceptance envelopes "special" by having a huge YES! on it. I don't think that the rejections have NO! though, because that would just be cruel. x)
  • kindaslick89kindaslick89 Registered User Posts: 498 Member
    I wonder if anybody got rejected when they received a huge packet in the mail. Like the person is opening it like "YES I GOT IN YES!!!" and then there are a bunch of forms and stuff that say "Psych!" on it.
  • catsushicatsushi Registered User Posts: 1,970 Senior Member
    Oh if a college did that to me, then...I would just be really mad and want to do bad things!! :0
This discussion has been closed.