Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Some more last minute CommonApp questions

cyborgxxicyborgxxi Registered User Posts: 190 Junior Member
edited December 2007 in College Admissions
I apologize for copying that title, but I really liked it and was in the same situation. I am on the verge of finishing up my Common Application, but have some concerns. I have a plenty of EC's to post, but I feel I have not adequately listed them or have not posted them all. They're not that great, but I have more than 7 activities that I really want to put there (and I have some questions too)

1) Does it really matter about the order the activities are in?
2) Should I really extend my activities into the additional writing space provided in the Writing Sample section?
3) What would you write for the additional writing sample section? I was going to write about my mom's cancer but I don't know on what grounds I will write it. I wonder if I should write about it at all?
4) I play multiple instruments - flute, piccolo, and tenor sax - should I put them all down in the Musical Instruments section (I practice about 7 hours a week, almost every week of the year)? How should I do it?
5) My December ACT scores haven't come out yet. Do I leave the scores blank? The same cores for my SAT II's which I will take on January 26. Should I leave predicted scores or blanks?

I'm pretty much freaked out when it comes down to the last day or two of deadlines.
This discussion has been closed.