Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should I apply to Harvard?

ishkabobishkabob Registered User Posts: 393 Member
edited December 2007 in College Admissions
I've already applied to UPENN and Cornell? Is Harvard harder to get into than UPENN or Cornell?
Post edited by ishkabob on

Replies to: Should I apply to Harvard?

• Christopher546Christopher546 Registered User Posts: 491 Member
    Yes, Harvard is typically more difficult to get into. Apply if you like the place, do not apply if you do not. That simple.
  • cawcaw90cawcaw90 Registered User Posts: 119 Junior Member
    don't you have to get your counselor to write secondary reports and your teacher recommendations? So....isn't it kind of too late?
  • tokenadulttokenadult Registered User Posts: 17,471 Senior Member
    You should apply to Harvard if you are in earnest about possibly attending there if you are admitted. If you aren't sure how Harvard's selectivity compares to that of Penn and Cornell (hint: Harvard is MUCH more competitive to get into) at this late date, there are some legitimate reasons to doubt how earnest your interest in Harvard is.
  • Sheed30Sheed30 Registered User Posts: 12,425 Senior Member
    just apply to harvard and be happy :p
  • Nickel XenonNickel Xenon Registered User Posts: 3,070 Senior Member
    It is ranked #2, so yeah, harder to get into. However, I think it's better to apply than to wonder, "What if?"
  • tapedDucktapedDuck Registered User Posts: 705 Member
    Harvard is a very easy application... just the common app and a VERY easy supplement - it only has an optional essay and it gives you a few ideas about what you could write... nothing you can't complete in an hour or two at the most

bad thing is you lose like $70ish (don't remember exactly)... but, if you get in, very much worth it
This discussion has been closed.