Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Break out the cake! Soda! Popcorn!

edited December 2007 in College Admissions
Most of us are finally done, or only have a couple left.
Time to celebrate!!!

Also, Happy New Year!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Replies to: Break out the cake! Soda! Popcorn!

• CC AdminCC Admin Administrator Posts: 32,448 Senior Member
    post here if u wanna party!
    lets see how many posts we can rack up!
  • aisgzdavinciaisgzdavinci Registered User Posts: 1,997 Senior Member
    2nd reply if that's helpful
  • jsmalljsmall Registered User Posts: 737 Member
    Cake, soda, popcorn all sound good but I think we all need to pop a bottle and loosen up a bit.
  • jmarinjmarin - Posts: 1,384 Member
    lol
    i could use one right now
  • tapedDucktapedDuck Registered User Posts: 705 Member
    what better way to ring in the new year than to spend it on CC!

I bet you won't get too many posts; lot of people are at new years parties... I guess we're the only ones who aren't
  • yihan.zhuyihan.zhu Registered User Posts: 510 Member
    Happy New Year!
    And The Best Of Luck To Everyone Who Applied!
  • aisgzdavinciaisgzdavinci Registered User Posts: 1,997 Senior Member
    Already have celebrated New Year
  • BigO999BigO999 Registered User Posts: 81 Junior Member
    Happy New Year! To those of you who have completed everything: congratulations! To those of you who have not (e.g., me*): keep on trucking, it's almost over.

*Common App 150, Tufts supplement, and Why Vassar? still to go, aiming to finish by 7am, sleep until 1, revise, and send.
    Or you could sleep until 7am (I know...hard to wake up), write and then send... that way you won't be messing up your sleep cycle (that wouldn't mess up my cycle though... that sounds about like what I do every day... it is my cycle)
    well it is officially 2008 here in the central time zone... and I am finally leaving

Again...

Happy New Year!
    tapedDuck...can't run the risk. If I somehow conked out until late in the day...I would die. I'm bad with alarms (my tired mind hates my productive mind, and will turn off alarms, buzzers, anything, to get more sleep).
  • daiea08daiea08 Registered User Posts: 397 Member
    Ugh, I was so close to going to a New Years party. I was literally in the car on the way when my fing conscious kicked in. So naturally, I just had to be responsible and do work. Now my ride is gone.. Yay. Happy New Year all.
    New Years Resolution? Be more reckless

Actually, I am currently pretty reckless. So perhaps it is to stop procrastinating so I can have time to party but under the false pretense of recklessness
    Change of plans. Sleeping from now to 8am (currently 1:30). Working from 8am to 8pm, and then proofreading/final revisions (peers, parents, perhaps on CC), and sending attempts starting at 9pm. Wish me luck.
  • noobcakenoobcake Registered User Posts: 1,736 Senior Member
    Sending 7 tomorrow; all done; just proofing a bit, changing a little bit of common app.

Sending Rice the day after, writing after I send tomorrow; lol
  • AdamanAdaman Registered User Posts: 291 Junior Member
    Almost done! I've sent in the Common App (Monday afternoon) and the Brown app, all I have to do is write my little Why Columbia blurb and send...

Of course, some of us still have some 1/15 schools. I have a load of supplemental essays to tackle now... but at least the big stuff is done.

Happy New Year, and congrats to all who've finished or are nearly finished!
This discussion has been closed.