Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Acceptance letter and money?

question2379question2379 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited February 2008 in College Admissions
Some of my friends were awarded money in their acceptance letter/package. Not to sound like an asswhole but i covered their gpa by like .3 and their SAT score by like 200, but there was no mention of me being offered money in my acceptance letter. Does that mean i will not be offered money to attend that school?
Post edited by question2379 on

Replies to: Acceptance letter and money?

• HindooHindoo Registered User Posts: 5,849 Senior Member
    Was their money need-based or merit?
  • question2379question2379 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    im assuming merit, since my financial aid status is a lot lower than any of my friends.
  • MeugenioMeugenio Registered User Posts: 199 Junior Member
    Their essays were jumpin jumpin.
  • northeastmomnortheastmom Registered User Posts: 12,379 Senior Member
    Did you fill out the Fafsa, and other required financial forms? Some merit aid is tied to need. Also, did some of them apply for specific scholarships (ie: had to write a seperate essay), or for leadership/community service, special music/talent scholarship (perhaps auditioned), did you miss the deadline for scholarship consideration when you applied, or is the money for athletic talent? Also, some money could be for those with a legacy, or from a certain area (state, county, region), or for URMs.
  • aznfishyaznfishy Registered User Posts: 543 Member
    they could be sent separately..
  • DCforMeDCforMe Registered User Posts: 626 Member
    just to be sure we're on the same page, were these the same schools? The same offered your friends money and was silent on you?
This discussion has been closed.