Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Rescinded Acceptance: Spring Grades?

skyhawkk08skyhawkk08 Registered User Posts: 430 Member
edited January 2008 in College Admissions
IB French and IB Biology are killing me. On the off chance that things don't work out as usual, would I be at risk of having my acceptance rescinded from a college like Pomona or Claremont McKenna?

My school is on trimesters and I've only had one B in IB Calculus junior year. Would I be at risk with a 3.8, or even a 3.6? I'll try for the 4.0, but I don't want to stress if it isn't necessary. Are prestigous colleges relaxed about Spring grades?

For reference - I had a 4.0 for Midyear Reports...
Post edited by skyhawkk08 on

Replies to: Rescinded Acceptance: Spring Grades?

• DCforMeDCforMe Registered User Posts: 626 Member
    What do you mean by "killing me"? C? D? F?
  • skyhawkk08skyhawkk08 Registered User Posts: 430 Member
    Haha I have a B+ in both of them, but both of the teachers are going insane preparing us for the IB exam and I probably have about 2 hours of homework for each...on top of senioritis. This is only Mid-term grades for us though so there is time to get them up, but it's going to be very difficult and stressful.
  • DCforMeDCforMe Registered User Posts: 626 Member
    I highly doubt you'll have an acceptance rescinded for two B+'s.
  • atrophicwhisperatrophicwhisper Registered User Posts: 1,744 Senior Member
    If you get a couple of B's, nobody (including Ivies) will rescind your application.

If you were to get C's, or a D or an F..... that's another story.
  • joecollegedadjoecollegedad Registered User Posts: 556 Member
    to expand: wouldn't depend on :

1) where you are applying ?

2) what grades you had in the past (thru JR yr, for example) that the college already based its acceptance decision?

for example, If a college already accepted you with some Cs scattered in the transcript, I would think that as long as you you do not have anything worse than a couple Cs at mid yr or at final yr, you would be ok.
  • aquamarineeaquamarinee Registered User Posts: 3,028 Senior Member
    Just don't get lower than a C and you won't get your acceptance rescinded... Some people have managed to get a C- in AP Calculus their second semester and still stay accepted. That's an extreme case though.
  • ibtellingibtelling Registered User Posts: 263 Junior Member
    I actually envy you.
This discussion has been closed.