Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Johns Hopkins Thread

lonelychickklonelychickk Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
edited March 2005 in College Admissions
Did anyone hear back from JHU? They just emailed me. And I got rejected. That evens out to 2 rejections, 2 acceptances, and 1 waitlist. My life sucks more than I thought it would.
Post edited by lonelychickk on

Replies to: Johns Hopkins Thread

• SmratKidSmratKid - Posts: 2 New Member
    jeez wut a nub. i got into jhu 2x and they gave me ful skolersihp + a celery!
  • Carrera_GTCarrera_GT Registered User Posts: 767 Member
    I was waitlisted... this would make it my 4th waitlist.
  • hhboyjihhboyji Registered User Posts: 361 Junior Member
    Got waitlisted. I'm greatful. Bit disappointed, of course.

I've dreamed of going to hopkins ever since I put my foot into US (3 years)
    I did interview, visited campus many times, attended open houses, and made numerous calls and sent emails to the office with questions.

It took me a month to write a Hopkins Essay ($10 one), and put every drop of effort into Hopkins Application (used commonapp so that I can send more essays :))

I'm not giving up. I will do everything I can do to get my spot there. I don't care if I get no money and crappy housing. I'm sending my card back as soon as I get my actual letter, with all the suppliments I can find with extra recommendation. If it doesn't work, I'm transferring next yr after working my butt off at other school for a yr. I'll get 4.0 if I can get into Hopkins.

I am surprised tho.. that Hopkins DOES look beyond numbers. I probably have lower SAT/ACT/SATII/GPA than anyone else who applied to Hopkins in CC yet they didn't reject me like other schools did. They saw potential in me.. and I'm so greatful and thrilled.. :)

The process has been frustrating.. and it will be for another couple of months (for me). But I am so darn glad that I had an opportunity to compete with best of the best, and I have no doubt in my mind every single one of us will end up in a place that we will thrive!!!

HAHA I AM going to get Johns Hopkins University in my college diploma!!!!
    YES!

:P I'm just rambling here, aren't I

Jay
  • go48go48 Registered User Posts: 505 Member
    what excites u so much about hopkins?
    if it chears u up a bit, you can most likely have my spot...
  • hhboyjihhboyji Registered User Posts: 361 Junior Member
    it's been my goal and a dream. period. I'm going to do everything in my power to go, and I will get there sooner or later

To answer your question.. go48
    I love everything.. great campus, city, academics (its eminet humanity program.. I plan on studying philosophy), people, size, diversity.. everything about JHU
This discussion has been closed.