Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Official UC Berkeley Admission Decisions

2»

Replies to: Official UC Berkeley Admission Decisions

• meamea Registered User Posts: 1,092 Senior Member
    Regents' and Chancellors' ... wow! I never got interviewed o.O

Thank you berks :D::D
  • apsaraapsara Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    nnnrrggghh - LOL i got in the honors program too...you're going to have to give me something better than that!

kidding, kidding. congrats on berkeley though and enjoy your extra long vacation!
  • HurricaneHHurricaneH Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    Rejected!..........wait:(
  • 2vulgar4cc2vulgar4cc Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    spring semester means you're not as good as the other acceptees, that they didn't have room for you. you can do their freshman extension program for the fall and then join them in the spring, and u can still live on campus. my friends are in it, and they siad its the same if not better than going to berkeley in the fall, because the FE has smaller class sizes and is still taught by professors. but you have to get your intent to register w/ a 100 dollar deposit in soon. sending that in is no obligation, though, u could still decide to go to another school.

i'm doing this. whoop whoop! GO BERKELEY!!
  • Caustic{TJ}Caustic{TJ} Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Accepted to Berkeley Engineering (electrical)

GPA (Weighted) 4.36
    SAT: 800M, 730V
    SAT II: Math IIC: 800, Physics 800, Writing 730
    Race: South Korean

4 years of band (lead flute in varsity band), plus many band honors
    4 years of Kuk Sool (martial arts)
    professional web designer
    a bunch of UIL awards in Math/CS/Science
    NHS/Spanish club/Korean club/chess club/and bunch of other clubs that probably don't count for anything.

Berkeley only accepts 10% from out of state, which is why I feel really lucky for getting in.

My friend had a 1600 on the SAT, a 2310 on the SAT II, and is ranked 12/433 in the class, but he got rejected from Berkeley :(
  • CC AdminCC Admin Administrator Posts: 32,419 Senior Member
    rejected. its definitely because i got accepted by UCLA lol
  • telephonemantelephoneman Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    got in to berkeley...but im rejecting it for UCLA!

go bruins!!!!
  • tambonetambone Registered User Posts: 261 Junior Member
    Accepted for Spring still means accepted. You have a choice of staying home till Spring or attending the extension program while staying at the dorms.
    Courses offered during extension are all requirements that you have to take anyway to graduate from UCB. Grades do not count in your Berkeley cumulative GPA.
  • staticsoliloquystaticsoliloquy Registered User Posts: 1,496 Senior Member
    accepted to the college of chemistry
  • nnnrrggghhnnnrrggghh Registered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
    But why did they do this? I don't THINK I am like a less desirable applicant, I have 4.2 UC GPA 1550 SAT bla bla you know and UCLA wanted me for honors, same with my friend, higher gpa lower SAT, and he got into spring too. I know weaker students who got in for fall. Do they not realize that this spring thing is sort of a put off, like a sort of lesser acceptance? Is it part of their "diversity" thing in which they want to diversify the strength of their students? I'm so confused. IF anyone who knows about this could please enlighten me I'd really appreciate it, and I have a few friends who would appreciate knowing, too.
  • bettinabettina Registered User Posts: 1,236 Senior Member
    Accepted!
    UC gpa 4.03
    Sat I 1490
    SAT II 720/710/710
    Great essay, ec's

Don't read too much into the Spring thing. It means they filled the class and had qualified people they weren't ablt to take, so they offered them Spring.
  • kissyourLbowkissyourLbow Registered User Posts: 137 Junior Member
    accepted...but just like telephoneman, opting for ucla...GO BRUINS!
2»
This discussion has been closed.