edited April 2005 in College Admissions
Accepted!!! So happy, # 1 choice.
edited April 2005
27 replies
Post edited by Lyrical on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Official UC Berkeley Admission Decisions

• BriBri 316 replies17 threads Member
    Congratulations, Brian! Your application for freshmen admission to the College of Letters and Sciences has been approved for Fall 2005. We welcome you to join us at Berkeley. View your admission letter.

You will receive an admission certificate in the mail, but all of the steps you must take to become a Cal student are contained on this website. Please refer to the tabs above to view your invitations to campus "Events" and a personalized "Checklist" of steps to ensure your place in the freshmen class.

Congratulations! You have been awarded the UC Berkeley Regents' and Chancellor's Scholarship. In the next few days, you will receive a letter including full details of the program. Please notify Carol Wood, Regents' and Chancellor's Scholarship Program Coordinator, at (510) 643-9437 or [email protected], if you have further questions.
    · Reply · Share
  • extremefobextremefob 371 replies183 threads Member
    Congrats!!

I just have a question..what were your guys' stats? (don''t mean to intrude or anything).
    · Reply · Share
  • breakawaybreakaway 74 replies3 threads Junior Member
    accepted for architecture!

ahh im so excited :) :) if you were rejected by ucla like me, dont lose hope
    · Reply · Share
  • mrlemongomrlemongo 106 replies19 threads Junior Member
    IM SO FCUKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE NO CLUE OMG...

Congratulations, Daniel! Your application for freshmen admission to the College of Letters and Sciences has been approved for Fall 2005. We welcome you to join us at Berkeley. View your admission letter.

Arrow You will receive an admission certificate in the mail, but all of the steps you must take to become a Cal student are contained on this website. Please refer to the tabs above to view your invitations to campus "Events" and a personalized "Checklist" of steps to ensure your place in the freshmen class.

Arrow Meet a few members of the Berkeley community by reading the student and faculty interviews in "Many Faces"

----

Major: Physics
    SAT I: 1420 (760m/660v)
    SAT II: 770/710/690
    UC GPA: 4.09
    AP Physics B: 4
    ECs: Plenty
    Essays: Excellent
    ELC: Yes
    Other: First-Generation Lebanese-American
    · Reply · Share
  • BuBBLES FoR SALEBuBBLES FoR SALE 2125 replies39 threads Senior Member
    How many did they admit this year?
    · Reply · Share
  • meggs121meggs121 134 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Rejected and relieved (long story...).

For comparison...
    I wasn't really expecting an acceptance. I'm just averagely above average, if that makes any sense. SATs in the 1300s, top 5% of class...

Anyway, congrats to those who got in. Especially if it was your first choice. There is nothing better than getting into your first choice (it was not hard at all for me to take the rejection today after I recieved my housing application for UCSB, my first choice. I'm just so excited to go there, nothing else matters!).

Congrats again.
    · Reply · Share
  • mkiv98mkiv98 18 replies9 threads New Member
    i got in...3.14 GPA weighted ;), 1440 SAT
    · Reply · Share
  • nnnrrggghhnnnrrggghh 109 replies12 threads Junior Member
    CONFUSION:

I was accepted into Berkeley's spring program for 2006: What does this mean? My friend thinks it means its because we took too many AP classes we don't need fall semester but I think that's overly optimistic. Am I some sort of half rate acceptee - a second banana????? Please answer.
    · Reply · Share
  • qtpieqtpie 223 replies3 threads Junior Member
    i got in too, with regents. yeah!!!
    · Reply · Share
    CONFUSION:

I was accepted into Berkeley's spring program for 2006: What does this mean? My friend thinks it means its because we took too many AP classes we don't need fall semester but I think that's overly optimistic. Am I some sort of half rate acceptee - a second banana????? Please answer.
    · Reply · Share
    If I'm a second banana, what a bunch of BS. 1550 SAT 4.2 UC GPA. 4 year athlete. ***.
    · Reply · Share
  • cmahercmaher 233 replies17 threads- Junior Member
    i got accepted spring 2006

i am not offended, i welcome the extra vacation time

1430 sat 4.0 uc gpa
    · Reply · Share
  • apsaraapsara 53 replies10 threads Junior Member
    admitted, but i'm not going - ucla for me, baby.

STATS:

800v, 650m
    800w, 720 us history, 620mic
    4.31 gpa
    12 years of dance
    dance teacher
    great essays
    150 volunteer hours
    elc
    asian-indian
    · Reply · Share
  • LagunaLaguna 572 replies3 threads Member
    I got rejected T_T, i guess ill be going to UCLA even though Cal was my top choice >.<
    · Reply · Share
    Damn you, Indian dancer.

Want to trade? You can have my admission into UCLA's honor program and I'll take your Berkeley.
    · Reply · Share
  • meamea 1056 replies36 threads Senior Member
    Regents' and Chancellors' ... wow! I never got interviewed o.O

Thank you berks :D::D
    · Reply · Share
  • apsaraapsara 53 replies10 threads Junior Member
    nnnrrggghh - LOL i got in the honors program too...you're going to have to give me something better than that!

kidding, kidding. congrats on berkeley though and enjoy your extra long vacation!
    · Reply · Share
  • HurricaneHHurricaneH 162 replies32 threads Junior Member
    Rejected!..........wait:(
    · Reply · Share
  • 2vulgar4cc2vulgar4cc 109 replies8 threads Junior Member
    spring semester means you're not as good as the other acceptees, that they didn't have room for you. you can do their freshman extension program for the fall and then join them in the spring, and u can still live on campus. my friends are in it, and they siad its the same if not better than going to berkeley in the fall, because the FE has smaller class sizes and is still taught by professors. but you have to get your intent to register w/ a 100 dollar deposit in soon. sending that in is no obligation, though, u could still decide to go to another school.

i'm doing this. whoop whoop! GO BERKELEY!!
    · Reply · Share
  • Caustic{TJ}Caustic{TJ} 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Accepted to Berkeley Engineering (electrical)

GPA (Weighted) 4.36
    SAT: 800M, 730V
    SAT II: Math IIC: 800, Physics 800, Writing 730
    Race: South Korean

4 years of band (lead flute in varsity band), plus many band honors
    4 years of Kuk Sool (martial arts)
    professional web designer
    a bunch of UIL awards in Math/CS/Science
    NHS/Spanish club/Korean club/chess club/and bunch of other clubs that probably don't count for anything.

Berkeley only accepts 10% from out of state, which is why I feel really lucky for getting in.

My friend had a 1600 on the SAT, a 2310 on the SAT II, and is ranked 12/433 in the class, but he got rejected from Berkeley :(
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity