Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Official UC Berkeley Admission Decisions

LyricalLyrical Registered User Posts: 193 Junior Member
edited April 2005 in College Admissions
Accepted!!! So happy, # 1 choice.
Post edited by Lyrical on

Replies to: Official UC Berkeley Admission Decisions

• BriBri Registered User Posts: 333 Member
    Congratulations, Brian! Your application for freshmen admission to the College of Letters and Sciences has been approved for Fall 2005. We welcome you to join us at Berkeley. View your admission letter.

You will receive an admission certificate in the mail, but all of the steps you must take to become a Cal student are contained on this website. Please refer to the tabs above to view your invitations to campus "Events" and a personalized "Checklist" of steps to ensure your place in the freshmen class.

Congratulations! You have been awarded the UC Berkeley Regents' and Chancellor's Scholarship. In the next few days, you will receive a letter including full details of the program. Please notify Carol Wood, Regents' and Chancellor's Scholarship Program Coordinator, at (510) 643-9437 or [email protected], if you have further questions.
  • extremefobextremefob Registered User Posts: 554 Member
    Congrats!!

I just have a question..what were your guys' stats? (don''t mean to intrude or anything).
  • breakawaybreakaway Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    accepted for architecture!

ahh im so excited :) :) if you were rejected by ucla like me, dont lose hope
  • mrlemongomrlemongo Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
    IM SO FCUKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE NO CLUE OMG...

Congratulations, Daniel! Your application for freshmen admission to the College of Letters and Sciences has been approved for Fall 2005. We welcome you to join us at Berkeley. View your admission letter.

Arrow You will receive an admission certificate in the mail, but all of the steps you must take to become a Cal student are contained on this website. Please refer to the tabs above to view your invitations to campus "Events" and a personalized "Checklist" of steps to ensure your place in the freshmen class.

Arrow Meet a few members of the Berkeley community by reading the student and faculty interviews in "Many Faces"

----

Major: Physics
    SAT I: 1420 (760m/660v)
    SAT II: 770/710/690
    UC GPA: 4.09
    AP Physics B: 4
    ECs: Plenty
    Essays: Excellent
    ELC: Yes
    Other: First-Generation Lebanese-American
  • BuBBLES FoR SALEBuBBLES FoR SALE Registered User Posts: 2,164 Senior Member
    How many did they admit this year?
  • meggs121meggs121 Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
    Rejected and relieved (long story...).

For comparison...
    I wasn't really expecting an acceptance. I'm just averagely above average, if that makes any sense. SATs in the 1300s, top 5% of class...

Anyway, congrats to those who got in. Especially if it was your first choice. There is nothing better than getting into your first choice (it was not hard at all for me to take the rejection today after I recieved my housing application for UCSB, my first choice. I'm just so excited to go there, nothing else matters!).

Congrats again.
  • mkiv98mkiv98 Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    i got in...3.14 GPA weighted ;), 1440 SAT
  • nnnrrggghhnnnrrggghh Registered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
    CONFUSION:

I was accepted into Berkeley's spring program for 2006: What does this mean? My friend thinks it means its because we took too many AP classes we don't need fall semester but I think that's overly optimistic. Am I some sort of half rate acceptee - a second banana????? Please answer.
  • qtpieqtpie Registered User Posts: 226 Junior Member
    i got in too, with regents. yeah!!!
    CONFUSION:

I was accepted into Berkeley's spring program for 2006: What does this mean? My friend thinks it means its because we took too many AP classes we don't need fall semester but I think that's overly optimistic. Am I some sort of half rate acceptee - a second banana????? Please answer.
    If I'm a second banana, what a bunch of BS. 1550 SAT 4.2 UC GPA. 4 year athlete. ***.
  • cmahercmaher - Posts: 250 Junior Member
    i got accepted spring 2006

i am not offended, i welcome the extra vacation time

1430 sat 4.0 uc gpa
  • apsaraapsara Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    admitted, but i'm not going - ucla for me, baby.

STATS:

800v, 650m
    800w, 720 us history, 620mic
    4.31 gpa
    12 years of dance
    dance teacher
    great essays
    150 volunteer hours
    elc
    asian-indian
  • LagunaLaguna Registered User Posts: 575 Member
    I got rejected T_T, i guess ill be going to UCLA even though Cal was my top choice >.<
    Damn you, Indian dancer.

Want to trade? You can have my admission into UCLA's honor program and I'll take your Berkeley.
This discussion has been closed.