Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Update UCs on additional honors & awards?

idnoidno Registered User Posts: 137 Junior Member
edited February 2008 in College Admissions
H E L L O !

I was wondering if I should update each of the UC campuses that I applied to (4) regarding the additional honors and awards that I have received AFTER I submitted my application.

I have already updated all of my private schools, but I couldn't find this option for the UC schools on their respective websites.

Help, please? (:
Post edited by idno on

Replies to: Update UCs on additional honors & awards?

• kenf1234kenf1234 Registered User Posts: 1,865 Senior Member
    This has been posted before, apparently the UCs don't accept any kind of supplemental information, though if you are getting a D or dropping a class or something like that you are supposed to inform them. Good luck.
  • pacman1pacman1 Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    I do not think you can update it. You can update only test scores.

try this: https://www.ucapplication.net/ucap/StudentLogin.jsp

But I did not find anything about how to update honors and awards.
  • Columbia_StudentColumbia_Student Registered User Posts: 5,046 Senior Member
    Only academic stuff and added leadership position which you don't have in the application but if you've already have a leadership position, adding one more does not mean anything.
    Columbia_Student, the question is about the University of California application, which, as far as I know, cannot be updated with additional information. Sometimes a UC school will contact YOU, requesting additional information, but that is initiated by the UC school. You need to submit an update, though, if you get a low grade or drop a planned class or other similar things.
    Ken, what you're talking about is the supplementary update, which indicates you are borderline. In my D's case, she has not received any request but since I read this thread, I decided to call and get the fact straight regarding updating my D's application. She was made VP of a club and won a few other awards since she applied. For UCSD, the answer is there is no need to update unless she did not already have a leadership position. I think they give points for leadership. For UCLA and UCB they said to send update if it helps her chance. UCLA wants D to email the update and UCB wants her to fax the update.
    That's extraordinary information and different what other people have reported. What is the deadline for submitting supplementary material?
    ASAP (10 chars)

Edit: I did ask them if it's worth it to send an update with these activities and they said send it if if will help your app.
This discussion has been closed.