Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Waitlist at Columbia + question about Cornell

unshunreshununshunreshun Registered User Posts: 276 Junior Member
How likely is it to get off the waitlist for Columbia (Engineering school)? And does anyone know whether Columbia just waitlists everyone and then rejects like 99% of them or do they actually take their waitlistees seriously as potential candidates?? Oh and any advice on how best to get off the waitlist would be much appreciated 8D

2nd issue: I received an email today from Cornell saying that it extended its application deadline for some students. Do a lot of people get this email? because my friend received it too. I'm debating whether or not to apply because our school puts a cap on how many private colleges we can apply to (6 is the max) b/c they dont want to have to send out too many ssr's or something so I had to cut some colleges from my list. But currently I'm trying to decide between UCBerkeley (CLS), Northwestern (Engineering), and NYU (Business/probably Finance). Do you think potentially adding Cornell to teh decision pool will help at all / is Cornell a better choice than these 3? O And I'm probably going to major in something business related, but I don't want to limit my options only to business in case I change my mind.
This discussion has been closed.