Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Did Anyone Cry?

Replies to: Did Anyone Cry?

• click4rmclick4rm Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    mom cried when i told her i got my top choice
  • salamandersalamander Registered User Posts: 444 Member
    I didn't cry, although I've been doing a little bit of moping. I'm trying to keep positive and focus on the places I did get in and want to attend.
  • arachnophobia12arachnophobia12 Registered User Posts: 2,722 Senior Member
    i cried after i was waitlisted for the second time in a row (first Dartmouth, and then Penn? wth?!?)
  • SkramataSkramata Registered User Posts: 162 Junior Member
    I bawled when I was deferred EA from MIT in December. Since then, I learned that, though MIT was my first choice, I would honestly be very happy -- and very proud -- to be an undergrad in many of the other schools to which I applied. When I was ultimately rejected from MIT two weeks ago, I started crying and then sort of... stopped rather quickly. I realized that I was crying because I had been expecting myself to be devastated from the rejection, and any tears that appeared that day were more due to expectations than real pain. I laughed myself silly afterwards.
  • Nickel XenonNickel Xenon Registered User Posts: 3,070 Senior Member
    Nawh. I was over it fast.
  • chocolatecellochocolatecello Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    So this is weird, but I sort of cried right BEFORE I looked at the thing online for Brown, because .. I mean, obviously I was going to be rejected. I just didn't want to see it there, you know, on the screen, just sort of .. there. Being reject-y. I dunno.
    So, I guess the answer's yes.
  • googleyedgoogleyed Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    yep. i started bawling like a baby when stanford came out.
  • ittkneeittknee Registered User Posts: 128 Junior Member
    I cried when I got rejected from Vassar. I had just spent five hours on campus, touring the school and talking to students when my dad called and said "You got a letter from Vassar - do you want to know the size of the envelope?".

It was small, of course.

I was more depressed that I had spent that time on campus, falling in love with Vassar than I was troubled by the rejection itself. It was only for a minute or two, and then I was fine.
  • PuddlyPuddly Registered User Posts: 149 Junior Member
    I cried when I got into Harvard. I was so overwhelmed with emotions. Through tears and blubber, I told my mom, "Harvard must be crazy. Harvard must be crazy." xD I still think it is.
  • arwen15arwen15 Registered User Posts: 804 Member
    My mother started crying when she stood behind me and saw I
    had been accepted to Princeton. Strange people - mothers - but
    I like her the way she is :p
  • iVinsheiVinshe Registered User Posts: 446 Member
    Cried when I realized after today that I had been rejected at choices 1,2,3,4
    WL at 5,6
  • sarah786sarah786 Registered User Posts: 220 Junior Member
    we all wish we could cry from being happy, it sucks when u get in and are not excited and then end up going to that school, cuz ull always remember when u got that letter how unexcited u were
  • nhsharvardnhsharvard Registered User Posts: 1,947 Senior Member
    I almost felt like crying right after I got the results from the 5 Ivy League colleges I applied.

Luckily, Brown waitlisted me. Also, Stanford waitlisted me.
  • EmMalEmMal Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    I didn't cry but I was just saying F word continously to myself...

I am really disappointed to myself...

f....

Oh, yes. I'm trying to transition out of that phase too. But it feels nice to curse the world at the moment.
  • Tsukasa36Tsukasa36 Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    I cried after I found out that I am a failure at life. I got rejected from Rowan and every school except community college. yay!
This discussion has been closed.