Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Did Anyone Cry?

Replies to: Did Anyone Cry?

• JPanJPan Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    I cried when I got rejections from Amherst and Swarthmore at the same time...
    then I got over it and started to fall in love with Vassar.
    When I got rejected from Brown, my dad was more upset than I was....
  • rodneyrodney Registered User Posts: 9,406 Senior Member
    My D is still crying......just got waitlisted to top school.....But got into #2, #3; she'll get over it......eventually
  • trackie10xtrackie10x Registered User Posts: 361 Member
    i feel like i'm going to cry when everyone tells me "at least you didn't get rejected." well... four waitlists at your four top schools is horrible! but no, i haven't cried yet
  • DuperDuper - Posts: 1,125 Senior Member
    Nah, slacked off too long in high school to expect anything other than rejection/waitlist from top tier schools.
  • brillarbrillar Registered User Posts: 1,089 Senior Member
    I cried ED round, more from having to do more college work than just being rejected. Then this one I didn't cry out of joy/sadness. I think I did RD round muuuuch better (tears ED were a sign of being too attached, I think).
  • ohakkilaohakkila Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    i cried for Columbia. the waitlist for Yale finally sunk in and I cried today - mostly because people who didn't really want to go were accepted from my school
  • CptnChinaCptnChina Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    I went to the park and ****ing bawled my eyes out, after finding out I've been rejected everywhere but one school... I had low self confidence to begin with, so when I found out the only quality I was proud of (my smarts) didn't really get me anywhere, I was just pushed over the edge.
  • BrandoIsCoolBrandoIsCool Registered User Posts: 799 Member
    Didn't cry but was ready to strangle myself/bang head into wall. I screwed sr year with bad class selection which cost me admissions....
    I went to the park and ****ing bawled my eyes out, after finding out I've been rejected everywhere but one school... I had low self confidence to begin with, so when I found out the only quality I was proud of (my smarts) didn't really get me anywhere, I was just pushed over the edge.

CCondolences, good luck with all your endeavors.
  • CptnChinaCptnChina Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Haha, that's what all the rejection letters said.
    Lol, sorry for sounding generic. But yeah, you sound like an amazing student and I really wish you luck.
  • Saywhut008Saywhut008 Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    Nope, didn't cry.

I screamed when I got into Skidmore, Vassar and Bryn Mawr. My cousin ALMOST had me crying though, when she gave me a long talk about how proud she was of me for getting into the schools I wanted to, and how my work had paid off (I had a rough junior year.)...but nope! Dry eyes. My rejection from Brown (a school I realized wasn't for me AFTER I sent them the application...and my flippin' $70) was met with some disappointment, cause a rejection is a rejection, but also relief, because I didn't want to be pressured into going somewhere (eager non-American Father, yay!) "prestigious" just because of its name.
  • concretejungleconcretejungle Registered User Posts: 633 Member
    Bawled when I got deferred in December. Actually felt kind of happy when I got waitlisted by that same school in the spring. weird.
  • x90x90 Registered User Posts: 342 Member
    "Nah, slacked off too long in high school to expect anything other than rejection/waitlist from top tier schools."

ditto. although, i did manage to get into a few selective schools.
  • jkjkjkjjkjkjkj Registered User Posts: 409 Member
    I am really sad about waitlists, why couldn't one of my top four choices accept me instead of all waitlisting me, why? I would have preferred rejections from all but one of those four, i feel like crying now? I have great options otherwise, but they don't quite fit, not like the schools I was waitlisted at.
This discussion has been closed.