Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Did Anyone Cry?

IirokotreeIirokotree Registered User Posts: 239 Junior Member
edited April 2008 in College Admissions
Well now that admissions is over, i was just wondering...did anyone cry when they saw their decision? Be it from joy or anger what schools made your emotions run high? I'll start. I cried when I saw my Georgetown decision; I thought I was a shoe-in...but I've gotten over that, lol. Anyone else?
Post edited by Iirokotree on

Replies to: Did Anyone Cry?

• aznfishyaznfishy Registered User Posts: 543 Member
    almost cried during the while b4 viewing them. partly since my heart was beating so fast & i was so stressed & i was too scared to view my decision so soon....plus everyone kept im-ing me to look & i wouldnt which made me more & more stressed
  • qtipkorea4uqtipkorea4u Registered User Posts: 292 Junior Member
    I didn't cry but I was just saying F word continously to myself...

I am really disappointed to myself...

f....
  • VaguelyCynicalVaguelyCynical Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    I went with one big "uggggggggggggh!" and then remembered I liked my 2nd choice school just fine.
  • herlenoreherlenore Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    I cried. Rejected at Columbia. :[
    It was just that, after I actually visited the school, I totally fell in love. Too bad I completely threw away that application.

But yeah. Completely cried. Now I'll probably end up stuck here. Living at home. Going to Berkeley. Not that it isn't a good school. I just never thought of it as for me.
  • justbummingjustbumming Registered User Posts: 376 Member
    I cried when I was waitlisted at Colgate because I took that as a precursor to getting rejected from my dream school, Notre Dame. And then I cried again (of happiness) when I got into ND. (ok none of this was that annoying sobbing, multitudes of liquid coming from the face, just a little tear that gets wiped away immediately)

I am not an easy crier; in fact, I honestly can't remember the last time I cried before this.
  • ibtellingibtelling Registered User Posts: 263 Junior Member
    more apathetic...
  • MilkmagnMilkmagn Registered User Posts: 711 Member
    I cried after I got rejected from all the ivies I applied to
  • th3tawav3th3tawav3 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I didn't cry either... just that horrendous feeling in your stomach of disappointment, followed by a tad bit of resentment.
  • polydentatepolydentate Registered User Posts: 1,644 Senior Member
    I cried when I was rejected by my #1 choice. Not for any other schools, no.
  • ZamzamZamzam Registered User Posts: 854 Member
    I cried when I didn't get the part I was born to play in the spring musical.

But when I saw rejections form Tufts and Brown? More like, "oh thank God it's over and I can just be done with it!"
  • polydentatepolydentate Registered User Posts: 1,644 Senior Member
    "oh thank God it's over and I can just be done with it!"

Exactly. I'm so happy the whole process is over.
  • altaJHMCaltaJHMC Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    It was strange getting Ivies today, even if they were all rejections. It was more of a - okay, I'm going to NYU now - kind of settlement. Then I realized I was still waitlisted at UChicago and Northwestern then my insides kinda went: "Oh, wait, it's not over."
  • atrophicwhisperatrophicwhisper Registered User Posts: 1,744 Senior Member
    I didn't cry, but I just sat there with my mouth wide open ready to yell when I saw my Dartmouth decision.

Today was a good day.
  • khrushchevtmkhrushchevtm Registered User Posts: 220 Junior Member
    I'm really lame, just throwing that out there, now I can continue:

So I was driving to Houston for my birthday after I found out I'd been accepted by Hopkins.

And on my iPod, "When You Believe" came on, from the Prince of Egypt, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston,

goes like:
    There can be miracles, when you believe.
    Though hope is frail, it's heard to kill.
    Who knows what miracles, you can achieve?
    When you believe, somehow you will.

I start BAWLING while I'm driving on 290.
    With tears of joy.
    I think I need a mental evaluation.
    But that's just me.
    Ridiculous.
  • sweettoothsweettooth Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    I moped and cried when I got rejected from my first choice too. Afterwards you get use to hte rejections so the other ones don't hurt as much.
This discussion has been closed.