Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

chance me for usc/uop pharmacy, and other UC's if you'd like :D

yollyyolly Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
edited April 2008 in College Admissions
Hey guys, could you chance me? I'm particularly interested in USC's TAP program and UOP's prepharmacy program. Other schools I'd fall back on are UCLA, UCSD, and UCI. I'm currently a junior IB diploma candidate in California. Some people say my school is competitive and others call it the worst of the best so I'll just call it "semicompetitive".

freshman year:
World Hist. Honors- A/A
Alg 2- A/A
Spanish 1- A/A
Bio Honors- A/A
Choir- A/A

sophomore year:
Eng 10 Honors- B/A
Spanish 2- A/A
PreCalc/Trig- A/A
Anatomy/Physiology- A/A
Chem- A/A
Ap Econ/Gov- B/B

junior year: (2nd semester is an educated/optimistic guess)
IB Bio SL- B/A
IB Physics HL year 1- B/B
AP Calc AB- A/A
Spanish 3- B/A
Eng 11 Honors- B/B
AP US History- A/A

Senior year courseload:
IB Physics HL year2
TOK
IB 20th Century
IB Math SL
IB Spanish SL
AP/IB English

AP Tests Taken/Will take: AP MacroEcon (4), AP Gov (4), AP Calc AB (5?), APUSH (5?), AP Bio (4?)

SAT1: 1990 (CR 660, M 660, W 670)
SAT2's: Math 2c 770, I'm expecting something around 750 on the SAT USH, and maybe a 700-720 on the SAT Bio. But I might be too optimistic. I'm also planning to retake the Math 2c, get an 800, and kick CB's butt -___-

Extracurriculars/Awards/etc:
-ballet dancer for a preprofessional ballet company
-NHS member (10), NHS publicity( 11), NHS president (12)
-CSF Member
-founder/president of the Chinese American Citizens Alliance East San Gabriel Valley Youth Council (I do the majority of my community service activities here; the activities we do vary quite a bit)
-Certificate of Merit for Piano, finished level 10, attempted PANO, considering to try for the Senior Award in 12th grade
-house burned down in the middle of sophomore year, moved around quite a bit since then
-ex intern for a doctor, volunteered at her office about 15 hours/week in the summer of my sophomore year; not sure how that's going to help me anymore now that I don't have time to go back and that I'm going for the pharmaceuticals...)
-Debate Club historian (10)
-Red Cross Committee of World Awareness (10)

-recs should be good. i'm really hoping for a good one from the APUSH teacher
-asian, female

Basically my college choices come down to this:
-USC TAP program
-UOP prepharm
-UCLA
-UCSD
-UCI

thanks so much to those of you who bothered to read through all of this!! :D <3 CC
Post edited by yolly on

Replies to: chance me for usc/uop pharmacy, and other UC's if you'd like :D

• Debbie427Debbie427 Registered User Posts: 314 Member
    For future reference, this is the forum for posting chance threads: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/

Sorry that I can't chance you. I don't know enough about colleges yet to give you a fair estimate, so someone else can give you an answer about where you stand.
  • yollyyolly Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    oh shoot. i forgot :[ thanks for reminding me! i wonder how you delete threads.. hmm
  • th3tawav3th3tawav3 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Solid ECs, and grades. I would say get SATs upa bit and you will be pretty competitive.
    As an IB student myself i was kinda confused at ur courses tho? r u taking certificates or full diploma? TOK senior year?
  • yollyyolly Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    the full diploma. our school's ib program is kinda... weird... and isn't TOK usually for seniors only anyway?

usually the juniors have a choice of either physics and bio, or bio and theatre/art. for seniors, they take TOK, 20th century, maybe the languages, and math
  • deutschdeutsch Registered User Posts: 577 Member
    you'll be fine. i got in those schools with lower stats than you. But I got into UOP's 3+3 prepharm, and didn't apply USC as TAP program.
This discussion has been closed.