Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Usc Application Help: Barcodes???

awakenedreamawakenedream Registered User Posts: 1,269 Senior Member
edited November 2004 in College Admissions
On the teacher rec form and transcript request form, it says to affix barcode...I never got the barcode in the mail and the good ol' organized me has to submit her teacher recs to teachers by tomorrow... guhh... barcodes?
Post edited by awakenedream on

Replies to: Usc Application Help: Barcodes???

• smaznsmazn Registered User Posts: 161 Junior Member
    The USC rep who came to our school just said to write your name and SSN in the barcode box...
  • RaboKarabekianRaboKarabekian Registered User Posts: 2,820 Senior Member
    I think barcodes are usually sent with the app? I seem to remember being amused by them at some time or another.
  • foreigngirlforeigngirl Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    I just called the admissions office about this and they told me that I didnt need bar codes and should put down my USC ID (the one they sent you when u submitted the Part I of the application).
  • awakenedreamawakenedream Registered User Posts: 1,269 Senior Member
    "I just called the admissions office about this and they told me that I didnt need bar codes and should put down my USC ID (the one they sent you when u submitted the Part I of the application)."

I called them too today and they said the same thing but I never got a freakin USC ID... did that come via e-mail or postal snail mail? The only thing I ever got was an e-mail saying Thank you for submitting Part I of your application.

GRRRR
  • foreigngirlforeigngirl Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    awakenedream: I received that first email too. It said "Thank you for submitting part I"...and then a couple of days later I received another longer email with some information ("you should submit your application by Dec. 10 for scholarship consideration....") and a USC ID. Call the office and tell them that you never received an ID!
This discussion has been closed.