Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Urgent! "By" May 1st?

heymamawolfheymamawolf Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
edited April 2008 in College Admissions
I just came across the terrible realization that I don't know what "by May 1st" means:

Should I respond tonight, midnight before May 1st
-or-
Tomorrow night, before May 1st is over?

Thanks a million to anyone who responds to this!
Post edited by heymamawolf on

Replies to: Urgent! "By" May 1st?

• galoisiengaloisien - Posts: 3,741 Senior Member
    Postmark by means "postmark on...."

If it's not a postmark deadline, then you're almost quite dead.
  • NearLNearL Registered User Posts: 346 Junior Member
    I'm pretty sure that you have to respond before May 1st is over. But if you want to be sure, go ahead and respond today.

If the response form doesn't say "post mark by May 1st", but "reply back/fill this out by May 1st" make sure to call the school and tell them that you plan to commit to their school. Or try and fax your enrollment for to admissions. They'll get the point.
  • Captain DoubtfulCaptain Doubtful Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    It's not wise to play "last-minute-submission" on this matter, because the last thing anybody wants is for a university to rescind their decision due to late SIR reply (I know some colleges that do this, even one day late).

If you made up your mind at this point, send it in ASAP. I personally don't think that one extra day would be very helpful anyway. Better be safe than sorry.
This discussion has been closed.