Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Retake a 36 on the ACT? *Gasp*

2»

Replies to: Retake a 36 on the ACT? *Gasp*

• ProcrastinationProcrastination Registered User Posts: 480 Member
    points well taken. thank you. i was just concerned about this showing a "hole" in my application.
  • musicmomicmusicmomic Registered User Posts: 266 Junior Member
    S is in a similar situation and is retaking without the writing. Because you can choose which administration scores to send, the only loss is the time and money for the retake. It is possible that your composite will go down a point but if you prep, your essay may go up and provide a more balanced array of scores.

The schools receive a full report of the subscores including the writing. What they attend to differs, I'm sure, from school to school.
  • chocolatealtoidschocolatealtoids Registered User Posts: 339 Member
    man ****. cc
  • arkitexarkitex Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    my opinion for what it's worth: The perfect 36 is enough. You will have to write a number of essays in your applications for admission and for scholarships that you'll have plenty of opportunity to prove your writing skills in a more meaningful way. And if you take the SAT and do well, you can submit both ACT and SAT if your SAT is in a position to help you.
  • nkmcnkmc Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    I highly doubt colleges would be that critical of the essay score if you got a 36 composite.
2»
This discussion has been closed.