Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I have 2 questions, need help

vladimir2004vladimir2004 Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
It's nothing really that major, but I am interested: my physics teacher wrote me a decent recomendation, saying that I'm naturally very intelligent and shoeed great improvement throughout the year, becoming a very good problem solver and all... but for some unknown reason he said: "he was reluctant to get up in front of the class, but i could see from his test and lab performance that he was successfully developing good physics skills. First that's not exactly true, because i was willing to do homework problems on the board. Also, what is even the point of that sentence? It's physics, not drama for god's sake. Bottom line: how will the dean look at it, and can it sway his decision?
Second thing is this: I know that most colleges look at your first term report card from senior year. My GPA so far has been like a middle B, and it still is, but I'll probably be getting a C in AP Biology. Same question applies: will that C hurt my chances? I appreciate the help of whoever can reply.
This discussion has been closed.