right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

My two UNC Chapel Hill Essays:

2»

Replies to: My two UNC Chapel Hill Essays:

• angstriddenangstridden 773 replies76 threads Member
    I dont want to discourage you. I will just say my D. had exceptional grades, and activities including volunteer activities and they told her the best supplemental material they had seen and a strong art hook..
    she got waitlisted. They did tell her she would have been in, instate..
    Regardless she is happy where she landed and so am I.
    I think you will really have to overwhelm them with something.
    I do know that one boy with much less academic credentials than her got in BUT he had a major hook..he was an exceptional athlete...
    · Reply · Share
    PS when they mentioned where the boy was going in the paper..he said he had no intentions of graduating there..and couldnt play with either due to an athletic injury
    · Reply · Share
  • AndrewDAndrewD 360 replies27 threads Member
    Yeah, I put my chances somewhere around 10-15% at best. You never know, though. Just holding out hope.

PS, where are you from? I'm also hoping that even though I'm out of state, the fact that I'm from Idaho will help me. I mean, how many apps do they get from here, every year? Can't be too many, I hope.
    · Reply · Share
  • bluegreenbluegreen 38 replies15 threads Junior Member
    The second essay was good, but it fades towards the end. In the last sentence, you are kind of vague. Ending on a high note is really important, so you might want to reword those last few sentences.
    · Reply · Share
    Sadly I think they count the SAT's more than the essay so definately take the tests again and a prep course. Your scores would be fine for instate but for out of state ..they need to be beefed up..sorry.
    · Reply · Share
  • AndrewDAndrewD 360 replies27 threads Member
    Well, I already applied EA. If they won't look past the 1300, then I don't really need to go there, is my feeling about it.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity