Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Question about Sending SAT scores

SunPenguinSunPenguin Registered User Posts: 261 Junior Member
edited October 2008 in College Admissions
I took the October SAT, and I've just sent all my SAT scores to the colleges I'm going to apply to, including a few UC's, using regular delivery. My question is, will my score report reach all the colleges in time?

I'm not doing any early decision, but the app deadline for UC's is November 30; will the score reports reach the UC campuses on time if I use regular? Or should I have used Rush?

The delivery time on the sheet said 2-4 weeks for mails and 1-2 weeks for internet, but in the Q&A section about sending score on collegeboard, it says that it takes them 3-5 weeks to send the score AFTER the request is submitted. Does that mean it may take upwards of 9 weeks for my schools to receive the score reports if they are reported by mail? And if that's the case, am I safe with all the UC campuses (I sent to individual campuses btw)? I'm really confused, and need some answers fast. Any help is appreciated.

p.s. I also sent my score to NMSC; will they receive on time?
Post edited by SunPenguin on

Replies to: Question about Sending SAT scores

• princessmarionprincessmarion Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    I would call UC and check to see if they need their scores rushed. I know schools like Michigan won't take rush scores at all. But if you take the Nov. test, I know Penn requires rush scores.

NMSC is accepting scores until Dec. I believe
This discussion has been closed.