Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I applied to Emory as Early Decision II and I meant to click Regular Decision

FrustratedFishFrustratedFish Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
edited January 2009 in College Admissions
=(

Out of desperation I'm here and I made a really big mistake. I applied to Emory as Early Decision II and I meant to click Regular Decision!

I really love Emory but it's not my first choice and now I'm worried. I definitely did print/preview it but I was focusing on my essay and short answer. =( I can't believe I messed up.

What should I do?
Post edited by FrustratedFish on

Replies to: I applied to Emory as Early Decision II and I meant to click Regular Decision

• Ari7Ari7 Registered User Posts: 489 Member
    Did you sign the early decision contract?
  • xStevenxSteven Registered User Posts: 1,400 Senior Member
    If you select EDII, you should've been forced to sign the ED agreement.. why did you? Call Emory tomorrow..
  • FrustratedFishFrustratedFish Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    They give you the contract in a PDF and it says to sign and mail it to them but I haven't touched anything else. -___- Ugh. And I called them just now but they don't open till Monday.
  • JteHJteH Registered User Posts: 861 Member
    If you haven't signed the contract, you should be fine... right?
    I don't know if I'm going to be "fine." =/ I didn't sign the contract and I haven't submitted my supplement.

I'm not sure what to do. I emailed them already and I plan on calling monday morning but I still feel flustered. I can't think of anything else I can do. =|
  • xStevenxSteven Registered User Posts: 1,400 Senior Member
    Right. ED is a binding CONTRACT. You have not signed the CONTRACT. It's an unofficial ED application, sure, but it's just that, 100% unofficial. It's official once you sign the contract. Just call Monday.
    Sigh.

Thanks xSteven.
  • nysmilenysmile Registered User Posts: 5,850 Senior Member
    You haven't signed the contract, don't worry. I believe an ED application also requires the parent's/guardian to also sign off on it. As long as you haven't signed it, you should be fine. It is important that you follow up ASAP and let them know that you never intended to apply ED but rather intended to apply RD. It's good that you emailed them ASAP--print and keep a hard copy of the email just in case.

Call as soon as they open and let them know. Everything should be fine. Don't worry.

When did you submit the application?
    Thank you nysmile. Thanks everyone.

It will be okay once I call and get it fixed but I'm mad at myself. I got hasty and even though I know it will get corrected I feel irresponsible.
  • nysmilenysmile Registered User Posts: 5,850 Senior Member
    It's OK. It was just a mistake and has nothing to do with being irresponsible. The fact that you noticed the mistake early and you have all ready emailed them regarding it shows responsibility. It'll be fine. Just make sure you print any email correspondences with them and follow up on Monday with a phone call. They will not hold this against you. Relax and enjoy the rest of the week.

Did you recently submit the application---within the past couple of days?
  • zfox001zfox001 Registered User Posts: 1,212 Senior Member
    Ummmmm....i would really call the admissions office and just tell them that you made a mistake...or send an email.
    Don't just disregard it
    @nysmile I just submitted it today.
    and zfox001, I definitely won't just disregard it. hahahha! I don't know how anyone could do that.
  • oldfortoldfort Registered User Posts: 22,590 Senior Member
    I have bought airline tickets with wrong date, that's harder to untangle than this ED business. It's very easy to make mistake online. They won't hold you to it. Have a happy New Year.
  • JulianBernardinoJulianBernardino Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    Since you didn't sign the contract, all you have to do is call them and switch the application type. No worries!
This discussion has been closed.