Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I had no idea Ivies sent out mail.

AliBubbleAliBubble Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
edited April 2009 in College Admissions
I did a double take when I was going through the stack today and saw University of Pennsylvania. I don't know why, but I just never thought Ivies sent out anything.
Post edited by AliBubble on

Replies to: I had no idea Ivies sent out mail.

• jerzgrlmomjerzgrlmom Registered User Posts: 1,245 Senior Member
    All three of my kids got mail from Ivy (and other top) schools, although this year, my tenth grader seems to be getting quite a bit of snail mail and email. It doesn't mean anything other than they did well on their PSATs or something. Just their attempt to recruit applications...
  • hmom5hmom5 - Posts: 10,882 Senior Member
    Harvard sends mail to 70,000 students each year! How do you think they get to accept only 7%?
  • tokenadulttokenadult Registered User Posts: 17,471 Senior Member
    I got Penn mail years ago, back when I had no idea that Penn is an Ivy.

Confirmation of information about Harvard:

Online Extra: How Harvard Gets its Best and Brightest

My son is on several Ivy mailing lists, but I think that is mostly because he has attended regional information sessions for several of the Ivy League colleges. I think the main surge of recruitment of juniors by the most selective colleges starts in April of junior year, a bit after when some of the other colleges start.
This discussion has been closed.