Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

So what have you guys learned?

13»

Replies to: So what have you guys learned?

• raelahraelah Registered User Posts: 806 Member
    Very helpful advice. I can't believe I'm going to be going through this whole crazy process starting in like...three months.
  • Zeppo58Zeppo58 Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    You'll be fine raelah... You'll get in places you'd never imagine you'd get into, and get rejected from places you thought were sure bets... Don't let it get to you, and pick whichever place makes you the happiest! (I say this as I am unable to choose from two schools I LOVE.)
  • SoCalGal09SoCalGal09 Registered User Posts: 615 Member
    Looking at Stanford this year (albeit a limited cross section) I think RD worked out better than EA. I saw tippy-top kids denied EA and solid but not stellar kids accepted RD. How many recruited students -- athletes, etc. -- fill the EA group?

Back to what we learned, yes urmom, rigor did make a difference. Looking at historical acceptance data, DS had a below average UW GPA, but above average W GPA. He was accepted to all his top schools.
  • ZenbadabingZenbadabing Registered User Posts: 931 Member
    Be yourself.
  • ToomuchpressureToomuchpressure Registered User Posts: 425 Member
    Have a goal when you come in as a freshman and do your best to achieve that goal (goal = certain college/colleges).

I should have worked harder because I know I could have. People aren't as smart as me (don't mean to be pretentious or anything) have gotten into better place because they worked harder in school/studied harder for SAT 2s.
  • sarmangosarmango Registered User Posts: 184 Junior Member
    A safety isn't a safety if you'd rather die than go there or if you can't afford it. (this happened to two of my friends so far... sorry guys, but really? really????)
13»
This discussion has been closed.