Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

So who else is going to their safety school?

RobertoGonzalezRobertoGonzalez Registered User Posts: 257 Junior Member
edited March 2009 in College Admissions
5 rejections
3 waitlists
1 acceptance

Looks like I'm going to my safety (or at least paying the deposit).
I lived in the dorms of this school for 3 years. I hated the campus. I can't stand the heavy party scene. Worst of all: I will be at the same school with more than 100 people that I already know, and they are either a) people I don't like or b) people who bullied me in middle school.

My life will suck for the next 4 years.

Anyone else in this crappy position?
Post edited by RobertoGonzalez on

Replies to: So who else is going to their safety school?

• SmallCollegesFTWSmallCollegesFTW Registered User Posts: 1,076 Senior Member
    I am going to what is statistically a safety for me, but I love the school, you get an education that is better then most schools twice as selective. It has an amazing job placement and grad/med/law school placement rate and gets kids with mediocre high school records into top schools.
  • CoolbrezzeCoolbrezze Registered User Posts: 5,403 Senior Member
    Junior in high school

Actually I may be in such a position attending my top choice university surprisenly. Though I guess I don't have that many enemies as use to/ as I thought I did.

All of my safety schools are out of state. I think my top safeties may be Arizona State University and University of Colorado- Boulder. I know they are respected schools, and hard to call a safety... but in my position I needed to find lower rank universities ( rank near 100).
  • Red_GloryRed_Glory Registered User Posts: 144 Junior Member
    ^^^ if only such a safety school existed
    btw thats directed towards smallcollegeftw
  • armageddonarmageddon Registered User Posts: 305 Junior Member
    Unfortunately I'm going to my better safety: Carnegie Mellon MCS
    2 acceptances,
    1 wait-list,
    5 rejections

But I'm liking Carnegie Mellon more and more as time goes on. 85-90% acceptance rate into Med. School isn't bad.
  • Mesquite_girl24Mesquite_girl24 Registered User Posts: 977 Member
    most likely me, for financial aid reasons.
  • mewruemewrue Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    i'm going to my safety, but just like SmallColleges, i really like it. it's going to give me a really good education and i'm excited to go.
  • kyledoodkyledood Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    yup me too im going to ucsb not too bitter because i applied to impacted majors at all my schools and did not technically have a safety but hey its nice down there so i cant complain

2 accpetances

5 rejections
This discussion has been closed.